Sunday, May 28, 2017

Got Screwed on My Ride Today

I picked up a screw on my ride today. There is no telling when I picked it up, or where, but I discovered it about 50 miles from home.

I was with my buddy, Brad, and decided I could get it home, and he decided to follow me. I started to ride, and it felt fine, at first. But, as I continued, it just felt a little "squishy" in the back, like the tire wasn't making good contact. It was misting out, but I have ridden in the rain and it felt different, so I decided to stop. Fortunately, Brad had a patch kit, and for the low, low price of a half-gallon of diet iced tea, I was up and running like it never happened.

Then, we were off and riding, again, trying to beat the worst of the rain. But, if there's one thing I know about riding with Brad, it's that it's going to rain and we're going to get wet. Every. Single. Time.





No comments: