Sunday, January 31, 2016

Winter Ride

It was an absolutely beautiful day in Central PA, with the sun peeking out and the temperature warming up to the high 40s. I just HAD to get out.

I had a nice, easy ride in the valley.

I stopped in at the local gas station to fuel up, and the snow was running off the roof in a small waterfall. It was a warning that there might be slick spots out there, and I should exercise caution and a little common sense. Hey! I can do that!

There is never shortage of breathtaking views in this area of the country.
There was no lack of salt, gravel, cinders, and other detritus on the roads, but there was always a clean path throughout the ride. Nice and easy in the blind corners, but I rode at a much more spirited pace than I initially thought I would.

I love the old farm houses that dot the landscape here, and the use of the natural stone that inhabits the surrounding fields.

The road...

...goes ever onward.

When people ask me why I ride, I try to describe moments like these.










No comments: