Saturday, July 25, 2009

On the Drainer

There are times when you just can't ride a bicycle on the road. Rain. Cold. Dark. Last night it was a combination of things that included rain, dark and guests. My friends brought their two daughters camping at Knoebel's, a great family park near our home. We shot up there for half a day, had an awesome time, then came back and settled everyone down for the evening.

By the time I could even think about riding, everyone was in bed except Michael and me. I ran out to the video store rented Iron Man (if you haven't seen it, get it!) and we watched it together while I road for an hour on the stationary trainer (aka The Drainer) an exercise in mindless monotony. Sometimes you just have to get the time in when you can.

1 comment:

Fishmagic said...

Ouch, I don't even like to think about the "drainer" until around December.