Thursday, July 30, 2009

I Had a Revelation...


As you might suspect, I have been thinking about the Third Annual Team Fish or Cut Bait assault on cancer at the LiveSTRONG ride in Philadelphia. We'll be cycling into the hills outside of Philadelphia in a 100 mile Tour de Force to fight cancer. What I have been thinking about are the forces lined up against us. It's not going to be easy: the rain has cut into some training, but we've put our bikes on trainers, risen early to get out and come up with other creative ways to get in our time. The heat has been non-existent so far, which means we can't prep for the inevitable 95+ degree muggy weather (if you don't know "muggy" it's Philadelphian for unbearably hazy hot and humid). There's also the economy. And add too that the fact that Lance only came in third at the Tour de France at the tender age of 37. I think he really needs too step his game up.

Oh. And then there's that thing with the economy. You may have heard about it on the news. Which has caused me to reevaluate, I think in a new way, how I am measuring success this year. The last two years, I wanted to reach certain dollar levels. This year I have spent more time thinking about what's REALLY important and this is what I have arrived at: THE PEOPLE.

That's why this year I am going to start measuring Team Fish's success by the number of people we "bring" with us to the event. Look, the economy is going to do what the economy is going to do. What I am hoping and praying is that you will give what you are able to give, whatever that is for you. What I want to do is bring an army of people with me, in thought, hope, prayer and spirit, who are willing to say, "I am with Team Fish!"

So there you have it. And there it is. IF YOU'RE ABLE to give, and you want to stand as part of Team Fish as we go off to battle, YOU CAN CLICK HERE.

If you're not able to give, your thoughts, prayers and well-wishes will be with us. You can leave them on this blog in the comments section, or send them to me directly. Go Fish!

No comments: