Sunday, December 28, 2008

Plagiarism....

So, I am reading the New York Times today when I came across an article that borrowed from one of my signature lines. Op ed columnist Bob Herbert wrote THIS ARTICLE about the state of things in America and the obvious solution: Stop Being Stupid.

It's been more than a catchphrase of mine, more like a mantra when it's time to make a decision. For more than 10 years, I have uttered a simple directive: Don't be Stupid. It rolls off the tongue more easily than "So is your FACE!" from a grade-schooler in a schoolyard war of words. Granted, it's not the exact same thing, but I'll leave the hair-splitting to you, my readers, to determine if the New York Times owes me an apology and a check. And, given the TRACK RECORD of the Times on issues of plagiarism, I am going to start checking the mailbox.

Additionally, in a Fish-as-Zeitgeist moment, Clint Eastwood uses another of my great catchphrases in his new movie Gran Torino. In the action-packed trailer on television today, one of our greatest living actors says to the bad guys, as only Clint can: "Get Off My Lawn!" Sure, I didn't invent it, but for the past three years, I am thinking I'm one oof the few people out there using it...until now. Welcome too the party, Johnny-Clint-Lately. I'll be looking for that thank you note and royalty check from you when the movie debuts.

1 comment:

Fishmagic said...

New Year, new look I see. I like it. Good luck collecting those royalty checks.