Sunday, July 27, 2008

Nini Fish is Finally Home

She came home yesterday. She is still very tired, but is sooooooooo enjoying her time with her granddaughter. Mrs. Fish and I are just here for the manual labor part (joke). Actually, I am at my parents' house, trying t help my mom get settled from her return from the hospital and helping my dad get settled from my mom returning from the hospital. Yesterday, BrotherFish helped my dad get the garage squared away and put shelves and cabinets up to help him get organized.

I was in charge of mulch. I weeded some of the beds and got the much dispersed. Frequent visitors to my workout log will look at it and say, "That's it? What the heck took you three hours to do?" Suffice it to say...there was a lot of mulch. My mom likes mulch. Little Fish spent most of the day with Nini, talking to her and showing her how to do cool things, like surf the Intarwebz...and go shopping on the Intarwebz. I'm not sure how the conversation went, but I suspect it was something like this.
"Hey Nini," said Little Fish. "You need some new clothes because you lost weight. Wanna go on the Internet and shop?"
"You can do that?"
"Sure Nini. It's fun...let me show you how."
Click-click, tap-tap, click tap....
"We can start at Overstock, Nini....or, we could start at Justice..."

I'm not exactly sure how it went, but Nini got Little Fish her First-day-of-school Outfit online. I'm pretty sure that might be Nini's first online purchase...

So Mom is still very week, but I think glad to be home. Thanks again, dear readers, for your thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

Fishmagic said...

Glad to hear things are going well...maybe prayers should switch now to your daughter and her online shopping habits. Hope she doesn't have a credit card.

Lisa said...

So will your mom be getting a laptop, a new AmEx and a need for an online shopping intervention after little fish's tutorial?

Sounds like your mom is on her way back to healthy. How lucky she is to have sons who love her. And will spread miles of mulch for her. In July. Lucky indeed. Or perhaps she just raised you right.