Sunday, May 11, 2008

Update....

My mom has been making baby steps in the right direction. She is still in ICU, but has been taken off the sedatives. She has been moving around a bit and she even opened her eyes a couple of times. She is still receiving oxygen, but it is down to 40% pure, from an original of 100% pure. Once they get below (I think) 25% they can take the tube out and she can breathe on her own. The problem is that they are in a bit of the race because the tube wears down the throat, so they need to get her breathing on her own or they will have to do a tracheotomy. Her heart is still weak from the heart attack, but the main concern is still with her lung function.

I am home, pretty sick, actually, and it's hard to think of Mom on Mother's Day in the hospital. They wouldn't let me see her anyway, not as sick as I am, but it still sucks. Continued prayers for my mom and my dad are, of course, greatly appreciated. Thanks to all of you who have offered your prayers, support and kindness throughout this time...

No comments: