Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sir Edmund Hillary

I had to put my kitty, Eddie down tonight. After 14 years, words can't express how I feel. He had been acting sluggish, but we chalked it up to old age. Yesterday he started going downhill a bit faster, so I called the vet and made an appointment for this week. Today it became apparent something was very wrong. I called the vet and made an emergency appointment; it turns out Eddie had complete kidney failure. We made the decision and Sir Edmund went to sleep, lying on my hand. I could never have asked for a better cat.

4 comments:

RedWifey said...

I am very very sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful kitty! May he RIP.

Redlefty said...

I think we chatted about him before -- you were pretty sure he had some Russian Blue in him, right?

God speed.

Anonymous said...

That is a heart-rending experience. I am sorry you had to go through it. Love never dies.

FishrCutB8 said...

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts.