Saturday, March 10, 2007

Mary...update

I went to see Mary at the hospital on Friday. She was doing really well, and is recovering from her heart attacks (2!). She is complaining of shortness of breath, but has been told that is normal at this stage. She expects to be released on Sunday, and is looking forward to getting away from the hospital.

I can't say I blame her. I hate hospitals for all the same reasons Mary does. Doctors always popping in to poke and prod you, pseudo-sterile environments where the only thing that really thrives are the germs, and food that is virtually guaranteed to keep you sick...or make you sicker.

Still, she's a tough bird and will come through this with shining colors. Also like me, she takes doctors seriously and follows rehabilitation instructions to the letter. In recovery, I believe this and one's outlook (Mary is a VERY positive person) makes all the difference between getting better quickly versus slowly or not at all.

A huge thanks to all of you who have kept Mary in your thoughts, and in your prayers.

No comments: