Tuesday, April 25, 2006

...and for some reason...

I simply LOVE The Sartorialist. It's simple, elegant, and beautifully done, just like the people portrayed on its pages. Along with this picture...


....he wrote:
So I asked this guy if I could take his photo.

With a slightly confused look and a deep French accent this young gentleman offered me a cigarette.

I explained again that I thought his outfit looked great and that I would like to take his photo. This time he got it.

He looked at me, then looked at his own outfit and said "you like my outfit because we are dressed the same."

I hadn't noticed but he was right!

We both had on jeans, blue cardigan, white shirt, and old-school sneakers.

I only hope I can carry it off as well as he does when I'm his age - please, anyone that knows me don't write in and say I'm already his age!!

Even his writing is elegant. Well done, sir. Well done.

It's just a cool little place to go and look at some well-dressed individuals, which provides a sharp counterpoint to my recent excursions to this place. ***shudder***

No comments: