Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Thanks a Lott

One of the things I have been really worried about for this whole Hurricane disaster is "What will happen to Trent Lott's house? Will he be able to rebuild?" Well, this story has the answer.

"First, we're going to save lives and stabilize the situation," Bush said at the Mobile Regional Airport upon his arrival. "And then we're going to help these communities rebuild. The good news is -- and it's hard for some to see it now -- that out of this chaos is going to come a fantastic Gulf Coast, like it was before.

"Out of the rubbles of Trent Lott's house -- he's lost his entire house -- there's going to be a fantastic house. And I'm looking forward to sitting on the porch," he said, referring to the former Senate majority leader who lost his 154-year-old family home in Pascagoula, Miss.

Thank goodness!!! I mean, let's put aside the grammar for a moment (Rubbles????) and consider he has yet to set foot in New Orleans. I have to think it is more than the "liberal media" taking advantage of the situation.

2 comments:

FishrCutB8 said...

Perhaps, my friend. I think it's hard being powerless in the face of all this. Still, you have to admit: from a PR perspective, he could have made better choices...really.

And, while I understand what you're saying about NO, I disagree. I think he has to be on the ground reassuring people where it is most desperate.

I am trying to like him...it's just so hard...

FishrCutB8 said...

I knew what you meant, even without the corrections. Nobody appreciates your willingness to go back and make them like I do, though. Neutral is better than reverse.

Part of my response, and part of my frustration, is the general lack of response at the local level, and their inability to protect people. The stories coming out of the Astrodome in Texas now lead me to believe that the problems are following the evacuees/refugees.

I recall the comments made in men's group on Saturday, that people who have a propensity for undesireable behavior, when confronted with the opportunity to ecxercise it without fear of reprisals, will act. Lord of the Flies on a grand scale.

Suffice to say: "It is complicated."