Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I come to give you gas...

Gas prices keep going up. I just got this site, which, if you live in PA, might help you find cheaper fuel. All in all, it's enought to make people consider riding their bikes a little more. You remember riding your bike, right?

These guys had a boatload of great experiences and advice, and helped me set up my commute to work. It's ten miles each way, which sounds like a loooooong ride. It's not. Bonus: It doesn't take much longer than driving and it's not half as wooly. And, it reduces my stress, increases my fitness and makes me happier. What could be better than that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey cutty buddy, reading about your commute and how 'wooly' it can be made me think about a good way to share your thoughts and feelings with all those boorish folks that run cyclists off the road when they go careening by in their high-end (or low-end depending on your perspective) autos with Bluetooth capability inside.
Put a Linux machine and a directional antennae on your bike. Then join the latest craze--Car Whispering. Now you can inject your thoughts directly into a rude driver's audio or phone system. Please remember to be polite. :-)http://trifinite.org/trifinite_stuff_carwhisperer.html
And yes, it's _that_ Eric Oliver...

FishrCutB8 said...

Now THAT is information you can use. Thanks for logging in, brother!